Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries — 10,032 headlines found
No one was injured as a thick, black plume could be seen billowing from the 16th floor of a west-facing unit at Landmark Place - formerly known as Century 21. "We're not sure if the cigarette came from the tenant at the source of the fire," said Fire In
Jul 23, 2014 Hamilton (Ont) Spectator (ca)
added Jul 23, 2014 13:51
The Saskatoon fire department said people who didn't properly dispose of cigarettes and cigars started 23 fires that caused more than $4 million in damage in the past 18 months. In 2013, 16 fires were caused by these materials. So far this year, seven f
Jul 3, 2014 CBC News (ca)
added Jul 3, 2014 17:46
About 400 people were forced from their homes by a condominium blaze early Monday. The four-storey condo fire at Park Place Hamptons, near 199 Street and 53 Avenue, broke out in the early morning hours on Monday.
Jul 22, 2014 CNEWS
added Jul 22, 2014 13:32
McGrath told CTV Kitchener he had heard about exploding e-cigarettes, but had always thought they were “urban legends” -- until he experienced one himself. What was most baffling about the incident, he said, was that the vapourizer showed no signs it was
Mar 19, 2016 Canadian Television (CTV) (ca)
added Mar 20, 2016 20:23
Miller said evidence found at the scene made it "quite obvious" that the fire was deliberately set, but he referred all other questions about the investigation and building damage to police.
Dec 28, 2016 Hamilton (Ont) Spectator (ca)
added Dec 28, 2016 18:09
On Fifth Anniversary of Landmark Tobacco Law, Leading Health Groups Call on FDA to Prioritize Three Actions To Accelerate Progress Against Tobacco Use
2009 law granting the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authority over tobacco products, 10 leading public health and medical organizations today commended the FDA for the steps it has taken to reduce tobacco use and called on the FDA and the Obama Admin
Jun 19, 2014 Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFK)
added Jun 20, 2014 13:01
National governments have been slow to react. Thankfully, the WHO and Toronto have taken steps that, at the very least, will get people to take a second look at what they are putting into their lungs.
Sep 2, 2014 Globe and Mail (ca)
added Sep 2, 2014 00:04
The man was smoking in bed shortly before 11 p.m. when he had a stroke and couldn’t escape from the fire that soon spread throughout the home in the 1900 block of Dogwood Drive, officials said.
Apr 10, 2014 Eugene (OR) Register-Guard
added Apr 10, 2014 17:44
A balcony fire in downtown Toronto is the latest in a string of incidents involving carelessly discarded cigarettes. The blaze comes one week after Toronto Fire Services held a press conference to warn the public about a growing number of balcony fires c
Jun 14, 2017 Canadian Television (CTV) (ca)
added Jun 15, 2017 15:03
The house fire that killed 71-year-old disabled man last week was an accident and may have been caused by careless smoking, according to the fire and police officials. "We were able to eliminate all natural and accidental causes with the exception of ci
Nov 5, 2013 Albany (NY) Times-Union
added Nov 5, 2013 18:30