Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 8,987 headlines found

4 Views

Maine landlord pleads not guilty in fire that killed 6

Investigators said improperly disposed smoking materials on the porch started the fire and the house didn't have functioning smoke detectors.
AP - Associated Press
added Aug 1, 2015 20:16
1 View

[UK] Lucky escape for woman after house fire

The woman, who is in her 60s, had been smoking in bed and fell asleep which led to the cigarette catching fire to the bed. However, she woke up in time to escape the blaze
Salisbury Journal (uk)
added Jul 31, 2015 15:47
4 Views

[UK] Man, 20, dies after falling backwards down the 100ft chimney of seven-storey block of luxury flats in central London

people at the function had told him the victim had been enjoying a night-time cigarette when the tragedy unfolded. He said: 'They said he was just sitting on the sit smoking and he just must have fell. That's what they said inside, but I don't know if tha
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Jul 31, 2015 12:39
1 View

[UK] Woman, 72, died after 8ft head-first fall when she went for a cigarette

A PLYMOUTH woman died after she fell from a garden wall when she went outside for a cigarette, an inquest has heard. Patricia Bailey, 72, from Peverell, fell to her death at a friend's house on February 10, an inquest in Plymouth heard today.
Plymouth Herald / This is Plymouth (uk)
added Jul 31, 2015 12:13
3 Views

[New York] The Capitol's new no-smoking cordon sanitaire

they have employed the signage equivalent of a shock-and-awe campaign: posted signs — either “NO SMOKING HERE TO BUILDING” or “NO SMOKING IN THIS AREA” every 10 to 15 feet all the way around the structure. That includes a singularly ugly semicircle of si
Albany (NY) Times Union blogs
added Jul 30, 2015 07:07
2 Views

[Wisconsin] Regional Wrap: New trail, smoke-free apartments, consumer alert: More Dane County apartments going smoke free

The Tobacco Free Columbia-Dane County Coalition has helped more than 25 apartment complexes eliminate smoking in the last two years. “Smoke-free rental properties are definitely becoming the norm in Dane County,” said Nina Gregerson, assistant coalition
Sun Prairie (WI) Star
added Jul 29, 2015 11:55
9 Views

VIDEO: The hidden danger of smoking? Terrifying moment woman's car bursts into flames after she lights cigarette while driving in Russia

A shocking video has captured the moment a woman's car burst into flames after she lit a cigarette while driving in Russia. The footage, caught on a dashboard camera, sees the panicked driver jump out of the vehicle just before it turns into an inferno.
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Jul 27, 2015 14:09
1 View

[UK] Pensioner died after discarded cigarette caused house fire

A discarded match was the most likely cause of a fire that killed an 82-year-old man, an inquest found. Roy Gadsby, of Grindon Crescent, in Bulwell, died on April 4 after a fire started in the living room of his home the day before.
Nottingham Post (uk)
added Jul 27, 2015 10:23
2 Views

[Florida] More Duval County kids poisoned by e-cigarette liquid

Action News has uncovered new numbers that show more kids are being poisoned by the liquid nicotine from e-cigarettes in Duval County. With flavors like chocolate, cherry, watermelon and cinnamon, liquid nicotine sounds like candy,–and it’s getting more
WJAX-TV CBS 47 / WFOX-TV 30 (Jacksonville, FL)
added Jul 25, 2015 19:03
1 View

[Florida] VIDEO: Fire safety consultant suspects Belleza condo fire may have been caused by someone smoking a cigarette on balcony

“It all suggests there was smoking on the balcony where they had cushioned furniture, and it most likely, in my opinion, led to the cause of the fire,”...residents said they were told they will no longer be allowed back inside. “It’s going to be a long
WJAX-TV CBS 47 / WFOX-TV 30 (Jacksonville, FL)
added Jul 25, 2015 17:57
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines