Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Elections/Politics 21,025 headlines found

17 Views

[Africa, Europe, France, Kenya] Reducing illegal tobacco sales by firms key to more revenue

In a unique argument published on various portals in France, Christophe Madrolle...of centrist party, Democratic Movement, says authorities should go for manufacturers because they are the ones heavily involved in illegal trade of cigarettes.
Daily Nation (ke)
added Apr 2, 2017 19:47
17 Views

Vape Takes New Shape on Capitol Hill

But once Republicans learned they would be firmly in control of the White House and Congress, they no longer felt the need to rush through the appropriations bill—putting the Cole-Bishop Amendment and HR 2058 in limbo. Although they may be rechristened a
Convenience Store/Petroleum (CSPNet)
added Mar 27, 2017 03:39
17 Views

SIEGEL: New Survey Shows that Most Physicians are Completely Misguided on E-Cigarette Recommendations; Anti-Tobacco Groups’ Propaganda is Wreaking Havoc on the Public’s Health

Shockingly, the survey finds that in this situation, only 27% of physicians would recommend e-cigarettes. The remaining 73% of physicians would recommend against the use of e-cigarettes, even after the patient indicated that using FDA-approved medicatio
Heartland Institute
added Mar 20, 2017 21:17
17 Views

Kansas lawmakers consider hiking tobacco taxes in budget fix

legislators are considering whether to increase tobacco taxes as part of a broader package for fixing the state budget and raising new dollars for public schools. The Senate planned to debate a bill Tuesday that contains Republican Gov. Sam Brownback’s pr
AP - Associated Press
added Mar 7, 2017 14:42
17 Views

Can Canada aggressively lower tobacco use by 2035?

Federal Health Minister Jane Philpott has committed to reducing tobacco use among Canadians to less than 5 per cent by 2035, telling an audience Wednesday at the National Forum on the Future of Tobacco Control in Canada that “preventing a new generation
Globe and Mail (ca)
added Mar 2, 2017 19:18
17 Views

[Canada] Ottawa suggests banning smoking in apartments or condos and cigarette sales to anyone under 21

The federal government is proposing to raise the legal age for buying cigarettes to 21 and ban smoking on college campuses or inside condo and apartment buildings as part of a new drive to dramatically curb smoking rates.
National Post (ca)
added Feb 24, 2017 22:04
17 Views

[Canada] Town requests feedback on new smoking regulations

Council is moving forward with new regulations in the municipal smoking bylaw... The matter was first raised in January by Counc. Jeff Toews due to smokers constantly smoking next to the entrances of the Spray Lake Family Sports Centre, which is already
Cochrane (AB) Times (ca)
added Feb 17, 2017 04:28
17 Views

Muni Tobacco Bonds Rally as Buyers Swoop in After Trump Selloff

State and local government tobacco-settlement bonds are bouncing back from the drubbing they took in November as investors pick up the debt on the cheap and cigarette consumption declines remain moderate.
Bloomberg News
added Feb 3, 2017 19:17
17 Views

Trump delays new regs for Wednesday: Tobacco, trucks, workplace safety

To comply with Trump’s regulatory moratorium, the FDA will delay new requirements for tobacco product submissions issued in December that block the agency from reviewing applications that are not written in English. The submission requirements will now
The Hill
added Feb 3, 2017 03:45
17 Views

HHS SECRETARY NOMINEE PRICE CALLS FOR EXTENSION OF SCHIP TAX

Tom Price, R-Ga., called for an eight-year extension of the Children’s Health Care Insurance Program (CHIP), which is funded in part by a 52.4 percent federal tax on cigars, with a maximum cap of 40.26 cents per cigar.
HalfWheel
added Jan 30, 2017 00:55
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines