Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Dining/Entertainment 53,132 headlines found


[Louisiana] EDITORIAL: Bar owners should lead smoking ban effort

Jared Bellard, Andy Naquin, Don Bertrand, Keith Patin and William Theriot voted against the proposed ban on smoking in all bars, enabling 25 percent of the population to imperil the health of the other 75 percent....If elected leaders can’t make the righ
Lafayette (LA) Daily Advertiser
added Jun 10, 2015 11:21

[France] PEREGRINE: Why I'm embarrassed to be a non-smoker

Smoking inside French cafés and restaurants has been a no-no since 2009. The measure has closed hundreds of rural bars – smokers, as a class, having a more thorough approach to apéritifs than non-smokers. Banish the smokers and the places collapse. Now th
Electronic Telegraph (uk)
added Jun 9, 2015 12:03

[Asia, China] VIDEO: Effects of Beijing smoking ban after first week

of the more than 2,400 public places inspected, nearly 700 were given warnings and were ordered to take prompt corrective action. Office buildings, restaurants and entertainment venues topped the list of institutions that have problems with curtailing i
China Central Television (CCTV) (cn)
added Jun 9, 2015 10:02
1 View

[UK-Wales] E-cigarettes set to be banned in enclosed public spaces in Wales as soon as next year

The Welsh Government said it wants to bring the devices in line with existing smoking laws despite claims there is limited evidence of them harming others. The proposals form part of a new Public Health Bill
WalesOnline (uk)
added Jun 9, 2015 08:40

[New York] Albany County bans indoor e-cigarette vaping

County Legislature voted 30-6-1 Monday to ban use of electronic cigarettes in any areas covered by the state's existing Clean Indoor Air Act, the 2003 law that banned smoking in most workplaces, including bars and restaurants.
Albany (NY) Times-Union
added Jun 9, 2015 08:36

[UK] Wales to introduce e-cigarette ban

Electronic cigarettes are to be banned in enclosed public spaces and workplaces as part of a raft of radical health plans announced by the Welsh government. The law would be the first such restriction in the UK and would be hugely controversial among th
The Guardian (uk)
added Jun 9, 2015 08:09

[Kansas, Missouri] As the vaping culture takes hold, many turn from smoking and many critics worry

Vaping has gone mainstream in the last couple of years here and elsewhere, spawning a more than $3 billion-a-year industry in the United States. Two-thirds of sales are online, but increasingly there are brick-and-mortar stores like the dozens of outlets
Kansas City (MO) Star
added Jun 9, 2015 08:04

[Asia-pacific, Malaysia] IDRIS: Extend ban to all public places

THE Consumers Association of Penang (CAP) fully supports the move by the Health Ministry to ban smoking at eateries...smoking bans can play a part in bringing down smoking rates. It is, in short, high time for the public health scourge, that is cigarett
New Straits Times (my)
added Jun 5, 2015 15:18

[Spain] Spanish police raid clandestine casino in Madrid

dismantled a clandestine casino in Madrid where illegal gambling tournaments allegedly took place concealed behind the facade of an establishment purporting to be a smoking club.
AP - Associated Press
added Jun 5, 2015 14:53

[Asia-pacific, Malaysia] Aye from non-smokers, nay from smoker

Non-smokers are all for the government’s plan to extend the smoking ban to eateries that are not air-conditioned, but a smoker could not see the logic for this proposed policy. Kuching South City Council (MBKS) Mayor, Datuk James Chan, said he was all fo
Borneo Post (my)
added Jun 5, 2015 06:17
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines